Arrivée!

Bonjour!!

After traveling for lengthy hours, I have finally arrived to France! My host mother greeted me at the Nice airport with a great smile! Her name is Françoise and she lives in an apartment with her husband. This apartment is medium-sized yet very cozy! We also share the apartment with a small French bulldog who really likes me. After settling in, I got to explore a small part of the city as, along with other girls from the program living in the same complex, I got to sit at a restaurant then walk along side the St. Laurent port next to the beach. Afterwards, the fatigue reached me and decided to call it a day...or more like two.

My first impressions of St. Laurent were that it was awesome and this would be a fun adventure. Yesterday, alongside with my new friends from the group, I got to explore the city some more. At first we met at le centre culturel la boulangerie. There we took a small assessment to determine our proficiency levels. Afterwards, we ate lunch at a park and then got the chance to explore the city some more. After having out French conversation and culture class on the beach, we ended the day by dining at a restaurant called Dylano.

Today, my friends who live in the same complex and me walked to la boulangerie to have our first official class! We were split into our two class groups which we will be in for the rest of the stay. My group had the fun task of going out and talking to Laurentins and learning more about the region. After class and lunch, we got to explore the old village of St. Laurent and learn some of its history such as that St. Laurent was burned at the stake and that 40 percent of St. Laurent was destroyed during WWII. We concluded our daily activities by going to the beach! The beach was so much fun except that it was rocky. However, I can not wait to go back!

I am very happy I decided to participate in the program and can not wait to explore what else is in store!!

Au Revoir,
Nayelly