Salut!

My stay in France is quickly and sadly coming to an end. Monday, July 25th, we visited St. Tropez! We took a train to the lovely Cannes, which I adore, and then took a 1 and a half hour boat ride to St. Tropez. Along the ride we saw the long and beautiful strip of the Maritime Alps and the many small surrounding towns. Once we finally arrived at St. Tropez, we had free time. I sat in the park and ate my lunch while I enjoyed the scenery. I then walked around and explored the many little shops around town. St. Tropez is full of shops and boutiques. However, they can be pretty pricey. St. Tropez is full of yachts and many people ready to spend money. Unfortunately for us, the nice sandy beaches were far from where we were and so we found another closer beach that was still fun. I stayed there for a while until finally it was time to go to our meeting point to return to Cannes. We once again road the boat to Cannes and then took a train to St. Laurent.

Tuesday, July 26th, was a fun day! After class, the group took a train from St. Laurent to Nice to go parasailing!! The weather was perfect for parasailing as it was very windy. None of is had been parasailing before. I was a bit scared yet excited. My parasailing partner was Farah, one of the group leaders. We quickly got hooked on the chute and took off. The take off was not as bad as I thought it would be. Once in the air, I felt as thought I was flying!! The boat driver lowered us so we could soak our feet in the water a couple of times. We then had to return and land. The landing was not as bad either. I loved parasailing and I would do it again anytime! Afterwards we had free time. I decided to go to French mass. It was a great experience as I actually understood the sermon and what the priest said! When it came to praying time, I did not know the prayers in French so I just prayed in Spanish. It was a magnificent experience that I would be willing to do again! I then walked around old Nice with friends and finally went to dinner. The dinner was at a sort of American restaurant. I had eggs with chorizo and they were delicious. We then had Salsa night!! I love dancing Salsa! We danced at Place Masséna along with some of the members of the Nice Abbey Road group and many Nice natives. It was so much fun!!! We then had to come back home. What a fun day!!

Today, July 27th, we went to Nice and had free time. I love Nice! I went shopping for a bit and bought some last minute presents. I swear I al going to miss this place a lot. Later I visited the Chagall museum with my French conversation and culture class. It was very interesting and pleasing. Chagall has a unique but great style. We then headed to catch a train to St. Laurent. Tonight was our show. The students all performed various acts from original French raps to dances. My group danced to Claude François' Alexandrie, Alexandra. I was surprised to see that many of the host parents knew the song. It was an entertaining performance. We then enjoyed a potluck dinner with a great variety of foods ranging from quiche and salads to pizza. It was yummy.

Time to enjoy my last days in France.