Salut!

I can’t believe my last week in France has started. Friday July 22nd was a relaxing yet fun day. We went to class and got the chance to talk to Mme Ben from the city hall. She was very nice and helpful. Then we practiced for our upcoming show which will be this Thursday. My friends and I are doing a number by Claude François called Alexandrie Alexandra. It is a very popular piece here in France so I hope it turns out great! Afterwards we had lunch and then free time. During free time I went to the mall for a bit then Played beach volleyball! My friend Grace and I played with 2 nice French gentlemen. They were way better than us. We then came home to eat and get ready to go to horse races in Cagnes-sur-mer. The horse races were fun!! We also got to see a cabaret show at the hippodrome which was different. It was a fun night!

Saturday July 23rd we went to Italy!! How I had missed Italy! We visited the town of St. Remo which is close to the border. We took a train from St. Laurent to Ventimiglia then from there we took another train to San Remo. We went with the Abbey Road group from Nice. We went to the known market in San Remo which sells a little bit of everything for somewhat lower prices. I then walked around town for a little bit and saw the beach there. There were a lot of people at the beach. I also got a delicious gelato! Since I am now used to speaking French all the time, it felt a bit strange going somewhere where French isn’t spoken but my Spanish helped me understand and most sellers and shops attendants spoke French. I was slightly sad to leave Italy but it I will one day go back! After Italy we went to Nice and had free time there. I bought some cute and comfortable shoes. We then ate delicious Italian food and had more free time. I love nights in Nice as it is vibrant and very much alive! I strolled down the market sand bought some things and then took a walk down the promenade des anglaises. How I love it there!! We then met up at the beautiful Place Masséna to return to St. Laurent.

Today, we visited the town of St. Paul de Vince. It is a tiny town close to Cagnes-sur-mer. It is a medieval town enclosed by a huge stone wall. It was absolutely gorgeous. We first went to the modern art museum there and then went inside the town. The little shops are so precious and cute but the streets are tiny. People barely fit but that is what makes the town unique! The walls, little shops, and houses still have that middle age touch, very unique and awesome. The view after reaching the very top of St. Paul was amazing! I visited the town church and it was small yet beautiful. I then descended back down to the meeting point where we all met to return to our homes.

Tomorrow: St. Tropez!!

-Nayelly