Bonjour!

The adventures here in France keep coming! Yesterday, July 11, was a chill and normal day for the most part. Class was fun as we learned about local games and we even had the chance to play one! My friends and I had lunch on the steps of the town hall. It was the best place we could find that had the best shade. The heat is very much exhausting. Then, we had our electives. In the French Conversation and Culture elective, we practiced our French as we acted out several scenarios. It was an interesting experience. Afterwards, free time came and many of us went to the Cap 3000 mall and walked around and ate ice cream and pastries. It was extremely hot to walk outside. But I was welcomed home to a great dinner! I ate ground beef mixed in vegetables wrapped in a Chinese sort of dough. It was the first time my host mom made it but it was a great experiment!

Today was so much fun!!! After classes in the morning, we took a train to Beaulieu sur mer and went Kayaking!! The walk from the train station to the beach was extremely long but it was totally worth it! We had to split up into two groups and I had to wait being part of the second group. I swam in the beach and layed out to tan therefore my time was not wasted. Finally our time came and my friend Meridith and I decided ride the kayak together. We started off well and we got to go around the coastline and in between the yachts as well. It was so much fun! After 30 minutes we tied the kayaks and got off to swim in the water. It felt good and refreshing! It was then time to return so we made our way back to the shore. After finishing kayaking the group walked the walk back to the train station to return to St. Laurent.

I cannot wait to celebrate France’s national holiday July 14!!!