La première Semaine

Bonjour!!

My first week here has been amazing! Friday we had class as usual in the morning. I particularly enjoyed this class because we went to a local elementary school and got the chance to learn about the school system here in France. The American and French school systems have differences and similarities. After touring the school and learning about the system, we ate lunch at the school. After lunch we headed to the St. Laurent port and and swam! The cold water felt so good being that it is extremely hot here! An ice cream was also necessary to relieve the heat!!! My French Culture and Conversation elective had class today at the Cap 3000 mall food court café and discussed different kinds of French magazines with Sirine. Afterwards I came home and had an amazing dinner. My host mom made me a special dish from her native Fench area, Bretagne. I ate galettes de sarazin which look like crepes but are made of a different dough and consist of eggs, cheese, and ham. They were extremely delicious and I can not wait to eat them again!! To finish the night, the Abbey Road group went to a Abba Forever concert at the city hall. It was fun and very interesting!

Saturday we went to Cannes!!! We took the train and arrived at la gare de Cannes. Cannes is beautiful, chic, sophisticated, and amazing! We walked to arrive at le Palais where the Cannes film festival is hosted every year. Right now in the summer many concerts are held there presenting artists such as Flo-Rida, Ne-Yo, and Tiesto!!! We then took a boat to the Marguerite island. I had fun in the island as I got the chance to swim in teh beautiful water!! I also walked around the island and saw the fort and the many boats! The view was spectacular as I could see the water and the many yachts and boats sailing in it!! After coming back from the island, I alked around Cannes with my friends exploring the many designer shops. I also saw MANY luxury cars. I must say I have never seen so many ferraris pass before my eyes!! The rue des Antibes was full of people shopping as this month is full of soldes with stores having amazing sales. Even the designer stores are havign soldes! I can not wait to return to Cannes! Who knows and maybe I'll have a huse there one day!

Today we had a break day therefore I woke up late. I went over to the house of 2 other girls in the program who live in the same residence area. Their host mom made gratin aux pommes de terres. One word: delicious! Afterwards I came home and waited for my host family's niece, Angelique and then the family went to Nice! I toured the old village of Nice and climbed all the way up to the chateau where thereis a bueatiful water fall and the ruins of a castle. The view from up there is spectacular as it overlooks the entire city of Nice especially the preomenade des anglaises, the port, and teh beach. I just love Nice!!

I can not wait for next week!