Salut!

My 4 weeks in France have sadly come to an end. I feel like the old cliché stating that all good things have to come to an end applies perfectly to this situation. I have spent one of the lost wonderful months of my life here in the French Riviera. Thursday July 28th the group went snorkelling in Villefranche-sur-mer. The view underwater was amazing and priceless! I saw an eel, rainbow fish, anchovies, and sadly a dead poisson de lune. May he or she rest in peace. After heading back shore, my friends and I decided to go to the town and explore it. Villefranche is pretty small yet beautiful town. It is filled with many little shops. Afterwards it was time to leave so we went to Nice and had our last group night there. We ate at a restaurant called the Warm Up and then sang karaoke! Our group has a wide variety of singers haha! But it was nice to hang out with the group one last time. I am sure going to miss them.

Today, Friday July 29th, I stayed home in the morning and packed. I really tried my best effort to keep my baggage within the weight requirements. Afterwards my host mom and I went to Cagnes-sur-mer and had kebabs along the beach. The view was absolutely amazing! I can’t believe I will not see that beautiful view for a long time. It was then time to go to our last group gathering and hang out with the group for one last time. It was very sad. I am going to miss everybody. The leaders and the staff were awesome and wonderful and great and I thank them for everything. We hugged it out for the last time and then headed to our respective homes. My last French dinner consisted of pork chops and gratin de pommes de terre; deliciously amazing.

I now bid adieu as this is my last blog. I had an amazing time here and I will miss everything about this place. I really hope I can maybe study abroad here in college because I definitely want to come back. Maybe I will live here one day. I will miss my host family, Françoise and Denis, my host cousin, Angélique, the Abbey Road staff, and all the people from the group. C’est pas au revoir, c’est à bientôt.

Thank you, Abbey Road for giving me this wonderful opportunity to study abroad in France. I will never forget it and will always have this memory not only in my mind, but also in my heart.

Vive la France!

-Nayelly