Salut!

Ça va? J’adore la France!! It does not feel as if 2 and a half weeks have gone by! Lately we have continued visiting wonderful places such as St. Jean Cap Ferrat, and have been preparing for our end of the program show. July 20th was my friend Curtis’ birthday!! He turned 17 in France!! Early in the morning we took the train to Nice and walked to the museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. We were then split up in groups and were sent off to different music and book stores, such as Virgin and Fnac, to fill out some surveys. My group went to Fnac and our task was to get information on books such as which were popular and which were the bestsellers. We got good information and we also got to buy some books. I bought Madame Bovary by Flauvert. I know it will be a difficult read and I will be using my dictionary a lot but what’s life without a little challenge? After some free time in Nice we headed to St. Jean Cap Ferrat to cook. We split into é groups, one that would cook first and one that would cook second. I joined the second group. We decided to go to Kerylos Villa in Beaulieu while we waited. Kerylos was absolutely beautiful! We then went to make Lasagna. Our lasagne was not exactly amazing as it was very dry but we made our best effort. We then brought out birthday cakes for Curtis and my other friend Claire, who turns 18 Friday the 22nd. Joyeux anniversaire, Curtis et Claire!!!!

Today, July 21, we prepared our presentation in the morning and then headed to Antibes to go to Aquasplash waterpark! Although the park was small, we had fun sliding down the various water slides. Afterwards we each went to our respective host homes, ate, and called it a day.

I can not wait for the weekend!!

-Nayelly