Bonjour!

Our third week has begun! Monday July 18th was a relaxing day. In class we talked about what we will do for our end up the program show. We came up with several ideas that included dancing, singing, and acting. It is extremely sad to think that this program will come to an end. Yesterday’s weather was also a bit different as it was slightly chilly. After class we had electives during which played several scenarios and afterwards had a several debates over different topics that were very interesting. We then had free time and while some went to the beach, I decided to go to Cap 3000 mall with some friends and eat French pastries and look at different stores as the many sales are currently going on. We then each parted to our respective homes. I was welcomed home with delicious lasagna! My host mom is an amazing cook! At the dinner table I spoke a lot with my host family over differences and similarities between the U.S. and France such as healthcare, immigration, cost of living, etc. It appears that the U.S. and France are not very different after all.

Today it rained and the rained ruined our plans. After class in the morning we were meant to go to Nice and have a pottery class but unfortunately, due to the rain a tree fell down and blocked the train tracks that allowed us to go to Nice and many routes were cancelled, including ours. Since the group van only sits 8 people, we would not make it to the class time therefore, we went to the cinema. Along with other friends, I watched a French movie called Le Moine. The film was not hard to understand language wise. I was very proud of myself for understanding most of it. The plot, however, was a bit bizarre and confusing but in the end everything came to light. We were also supposed to have salsa dancing in Nice but it was cancelled due to the rain therefore we had to return to our homes. My host mom made one of my favourite French dishes, galettes de Bretagne, and they were absolutely amazing! Some of the other girls in the program living in the same area came over and we had a great dinner followed by crepes for dessert. Yummy! I also finished watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in French! I love Harry Potter!!

I don’t want my stay in France to end.

-Nayelly